Handmade gifts are so special and unique. Sometimes they can take a while to make, especially if it’s a huge project like a quilt or piece of handcrafted furniture. While those things are fabulous, and I encourage everyone to make one at some time in their life, they are not what I’m encouraging you to make in 10 minutes or less. I’m talking about things that go together super fast and easy and have a gourmet or elegant quality.
Before I get into demonstrating the two gifts you can make in less than 10 minutes, let me encourage you to make handmade gifts for the following reasons:
8 Reasons Giving A Handmade Gift Is Better Than Store Bought
- Unique–there is not another one like it, because you made it. Everyone likes to feel special and this is a great way to do so by giving them a one of a kind gift.
- Save money–assuming you’re making simple gifts and not investing in a special tool just to make gifts (like a sewing machine or expensive non-sustainable craft supplies), you can absolutely save money making your own gifts.
- Keep traditions alive–up until about 100 years ago most gifts were handmade. Making gifts allows you to practice your cooking, sewing, and crafting skills.
- The person who has everything–if you need a gift for the person who has everything, a handmade one of a kind gift is perfect.
- Quality–often times you can make a higher quality item than you can buy because you can put in the extra time, unlike items that come from a factory.
- Keep you out of the mall–if you’re not someone who like crowded shopping centers not only will making your own gifts save money, it might save you a headache too.
- Control the ingredients–so you can be sure everything that goes into your gifts is non-toxic.
- Teach children a skill or about gift giving–making homemade gifts is the perfect way to teach your children how to be generous with their time and to also be thoughtful.
Two gifts you can make in under 10 minutes are vanilla infused sugar and frankincense and myrrh Perfume.
Vanilla Infused Sugar
Infused Vanilla Sugar can be used to sprinkle on any dessert you’d use sprinkle sugar on: cookies, muffins, cakes, fresh fruit, etc. It can also be used in place of the sugar in the dessert. Of course you can use it in any drink, tea, coffee, hot cocoa, or any warm adult beverage. You can sprinkle it on pancakes or on French toast. Here is my recipe for vanilla infused sugar. You might include a few recipes that use infused vanilla sugar as part of your gift.
Frankincense And Myrrh Perfume
Essential oil has some many wonderful benefits, and of course, frankincense and myrrh are two of the most famous oils. They have religious and historic meaning. What a wonderful gift to give someone at Christmas.
A word of caution. You might need to scope out the rest of the perfume your gift receipt wears. Frankincense and Myrrh have a bit of a woodsy fragrance so you want to make sure it’s a good fit for someone before you give it to them. You can make essential oil perfume with any of your favorite essential oils or essential oil blends. Here is my recipe.
Wouldn’t It Be Great To Get All Your Gifts Made Quickly?
You can! When you join the Handmade Christmas Gift Bootcamp.
When you join the bootcamp you get step-by-step directions on how to make:
- EO diffuser
- Coffee mug diffuser
- Paracord jewelry
- Beeswax wraps
- How to make tinted lip balm
- Cinnamon ornaments
- How to make soap
- How to make infused maple syrup
- Creamed honey
- Favorite recipe rook
- And more!
This Bootcamp is a short, intensive training designed to help you get your gifts made.
And we can do it together! We’re all cheering each other on in the Handmade Christmas Gift Bootcamp FB group. We are all sharing about our projects and all the teachers are in the group to answer questions.
The Handmade Christmas Gift Bootcamp includes
- Videos to see it done first.
- Step-by-step written materials–take them into the kitchen with you. Then fit them into a notebook.
- Label templates–to add the finishing touch to your gift.
- Access to the instructors through our Facebook group.
- Access to the videos until September 30, 2018, so you can use the tutorials for birthdays, graduations, weddings, mother’s day, and even father’s day!
It’s the perfect gift to give yourself for the holiday season or your family so that you can your kids or grandchildren can make Christmas memories while you make a handmade gift for your family and friends.
Hurry, the Handmade Christmas Gift Bootcamp is only open for a few more weeks.